The whole world seems to be falling apart around us right now due to the outbreak of the novel corona virus – COVID-19. Scary times like these make us want to sesh with our friends and forget the worlds problems for a moment. While we fully support social distancing, we also know how important it is for human mental health to find other people to connect and converse with. And for many of us, consume cannabis with. So keep those sessions small but not too intimate. Here are some tips to help keep you safe while you sesh.
- Don’t share. While most of us appreciate the puff-puff-pass, the current state of the world would have us say “Go ahead and Bogart that joint!”
- Wash your hands. Remember when your mom, or grandma, or school teacher taught you to wash your hands with warm soapy water while you sing the alphabet song? That’s still excellent advice. Whenever you’re going to be in contact with other people, be sure to wash your hands, and then, keep them to yourself.
- Don’t share your piece. I know what we all learned in Kindergarten, to share with others, but these are scary times and viruses pass through contact of any kind. So be smart, be safe, and don’t share your piece. If you must share your piece, invest in something like the Mouth Peace from Moose Labs. It also has the benefit of a filter. So… win win.
- Disinfect your rolling surfaces and any utensils you use like dabbers. It just makes sense to clean these frequently touched items before you roll a joint, pack a bowl, or dip a dab.
- If you or your friend has any symptoms like a cough, sneezing, runny nose, shortness of breath, or a fever, just skip the sesh. We know from the CDC information that spending just 10 minutes in close proximity to someone who is infected with corona virus can infect you as well, so don’t be afraid to peace out and advise your buddy to see a doctor. Likewise for you. Please be responsible and distance yourself if you have any symptoms until you can get cleared by a doc.
Normally we would say sharing is caring, but right now we’re changing our motto to, “Caring is not sharing.” So, if you get together with a friend to sesh and chill, share the weed but not the bong. Stay safe, stay well and stay high. We’ll be here for you in the meantime.